MARCH 2021 BRACELET OF THE MONTH
Dumbo octopuses are considered the most adorable octopuses in the ocean and it’s easy to see why! These little cuties are slightly larger than an adult guinea pig and swim the ocean’s depths by slowly flapping their ear-like mantle fins — just like the famous elephant for which they’re named. Dumbo octopuses aren’t a single species, but a genus that consists of 15 different umbrella octopuses, which means they come in a dazzling variety of shapes and colors.
As the world’s deepest-living octopus, these cephalopods thrive in the dark, cold water found at around 13,000 feet. Because they live so far down, we’re only starting to learn about their habits, distribution, and threats. We do know that plastic has been found at even greater depths of 36,960 feet. So while very little may be known about the dumbo octopus, we do know that we need to protect their ocean habitat so we can continue to learn about these adorable creatures.
- Every bracelet purchased funds the removal of one pound of trash from the ocean, rivers and coastlines
- Our 4ocean bracelets are hand assembled in Bali
- Cord is manufactured in China from 100% certified post-consumer recycled plastic bottles, including less than 5% reclaimed ocean plastic
- Clear glass beads are manufactured in China from 95% certified post-consumer recycled glass bottles, including less than 5% reclaimed ocean glass
- 4ocean charm is manufactured in China from 95% recycled stainless steel
- Unisex, waterproof design